Subscription based noise management solutions for mine operators
Managing environmental impact is one of the mining industry's key concerns. Effective noise, vibration, dust and air quality management is a necessity around mining sites. The challenge for many mine operators is to grow operations while at the same time staying within acceptable limits - for noise often defined as only 5 dB above background levels.
Public perception of exceeded environmental levels can lead to complaints and constraints. Gathering reliable and detailed data and sharing it with communities allows stakeholders’ concerns to be addressed, and can prevent problems for the operators. Noise Sentinel Mining enables you to do that.
Mine environment managers must adopt a range of measures to manage noise, vibraton, dust or air quality effectively, by reducing impact and managing both perceptions and expectations. To add to the challenge it must also be done cost-efficiently, so you can focus on mining. Noise Sentinel Mining will help you achieve this.
With a subscription to Noise Sentinel Mining, Brüel & Kjær provides noise monitoring equipment and operates it on your behalf, collecting the noise data you need to manage your business.
Noise Sentinel Mining enables you to:
Monitor levels continuously and demonstrate compliance with set limits
- 24-hour-a-day recording
- Historical disturbances can be isolated and replayed to locate the source
- Automated e-mails contain tabular and graphical noise data for easy summary reports
- Read more about environmental monitoring of mines
Manage your levels in real-time and receive alerts so you can take action to reduce impact
- Interactive real-time display
- Immediate incident notification via automated e-mail, SMS or alarm
- Secure internet access – isolate, replay and analyse events from anywhere in the world
- Read more about management of mining noise
Predict levels to feed your day-to-day operational decisions so you can get the most done within your set limits
- 3D noise maps for planned operations quickly calculated with Predictor LimA software
- Automated hourly prediction updates based on real-time noise, vibration, dust, air quality and weather monitoring
- Read more about noise prediction in mining
Engage communities with the public web display to build trust, tolerance and demonstrate transparency
- 24-hour-a-day, real-time noise level reporting that everyone can access
- Stakeholders can see historical trends and even listen to significant noise events
- Post relevant information relating to noise management – upcoming events, initiatives, reports, compliance history and enquiry procedures
- Read more about community engagement
Freeing you to focus on your business
As Brüel & Kjær takes the responsibility for its operation, all calibration, support and equipment maintenance is taken care of for you, freeing you to focus on environmental management and mitigation while knowing you have an accurate and complete source of data to inform your decisions. Your neighbours benefit from knowing that you monitor according to international standards, accepted best practices, and by an independent party, while your management team benefits from certainty of cost throughout a long-term multi-year contract.